Disclaimer: Continue at your own risk! We are not responsible for anything that happens to your phone.Pre-requisites:
- For backing up SMS, Call logs, Gmail,Google Calender use: “SMS Backup +“
- Please make sure that there is a minimum of 60% charge in your phone.
- Enable USB debugging on your phone by going to ”Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” where the USB Debugging option should be ticked.
- You need to have Android SDK installed on your PC.
- Download Clock Work Recovery(CWM) from HERE.
- Download rooting package from HERE.
Warning: This article is for information purpose only, we are not responsible for any thing that happens to your phone in the process.You may try this at your OWN RISK.Steps to install Clock Work Mod (CWM) your Google Nexus 7 tablet:
- Connect your Nexus 7 tablet to your PC and enter bootloader mode.
- Place the Clock Work Recovery(CWM) zip file that you downloaded above in the fastboot folder present in the Android SDK.
- Now open command prompt/terminal and navigate to the fastboot folder.
- Now type the following command: ”fastboot oem unlock“.
- Once the unlock is complete type: ”fastboot reboot“.
- Again enter into bootloader mode and type in the following command to flash CWM: ”fastboot flash recovery path-to-img/CWM-grouper-recovery.img“
- Now,boot into recovery and navigate to “Mounts and Storage” and then go to “Mount /System“.
- Now enter the following commands:
mount systemadb shellcd /systemmv recovery-from-boot.p recovery-from-boot.bak
9. You have successfully flashed CWM on your Nexus 7.
Steps to root your Google Nexus 7 tablet:
- Place the rooting package you downloaded above in the root of your SD card.
- Now turn off your device and boot into recovery by pressing Volume Up+Volume Down +Power buttons.
- Now navigate to “install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard > JB-SuperSU.zip“.
- After the flashing is complete select “reboot system now“.
- You have now successfully rooted your Google Nexus 7 tablet!