ICS based Ehndroix Custom ROM can be said as one of the finest Custom ROM found in the internet for Samsung Galaxy S Plus. Since this update is not the one which is officially released by Samsung Electronics, for applying his update you will have to root your Galaxy S PLUS I9001 device(Go to this link to root your Samsung Galaxy S Plus). Unfortunately, Samsung won’t be coming up with any future updates like ICS or Jellybean for SGS PLUS I9001 officially. The best part is that from now we will be constantly coming up with the custom ROM firmwares which are here to further increase the user experience.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible or liable for any damage happened to your device due to not following the instructions. It is very unlikely that there will be any damage to your device if you follow all the instructions.
With the help of below mentioned steps back up all the data so that if at all the data gets corrupted /lost, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps. Don’t use KIES to back up the data or else there is a risk of device getting not detecting in KIES with which you will not be able to restore the backup taken. Move all the backed up files in your computer.
SMS – Download "SMS Backup & Restore app" from play store,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Download "Call Log and Restore" app from play store,
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
Enable USB Debugging Mode in your Samsung Galaxy S PLUS I9001 from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. Disable / uninstall all the security suites installed in your device as these interrupt the process of firmware update process.
So assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions, you can now proceed to the next step where we have summed up a detailed tutorial on how to apply this update.
Procedure to Install Ehndroix custom ROM firmware in Galaxy S GT I9001 PLUS:
- Download the Ehndroix custom ROM firmware(build 12.11.8) from here to your computer. Once downloaded, you will then have to connect your Galaxy S GT I9001 PLUS device to computer with the help of original USB cable and place these two zip files in your device.
- Disconnect the device and turn off the same so that it can be entered in the recovery mode. Recovery mode in Galaxy S PLUS I9001 can be entered by holding the Volume Up button and then turning ON your device.
- In recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition”. Additionally, select “advanced” and clear the Dalvik cache too if you are on the custom ROM firmware.
- Now, select “Go Back” and select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from internal sd card” and then select the Ehndroix custom ROM firmware which you have placed in your phone.
- Once selected, it will take around 5 -6 minutes for applying this update. Also, for the first boot it will take more time than usual as it has to setup all the system files and other apps which are necessary ones. Ensure that you have cleared the cache in your device as it will wipe all the unwanted data from the recovery mode just in case if you face any force close issues in any of the Google Apps or the core apps present in your device.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same. Congratulations, you have now successfully applied the latest firmware Ehndroix custom ROM firmware update which is ICS based in your Galaxy S GT I9001 PLUS smartphone.
If you have any confusion go to this page.