The specs of the Samsung Galaxy Y:
- 830 MHz ARMv6 Processor
- RAM:290 MB
- Resolution:240 x 320 pixels, 3.0 inches
- 2MP rear camera
- QVGA video recording
- 1200 mAh battery
Warning: This article is for information purpose only, we are not responsible for any thing that happens to your phone in the process.You may try this at your OWN RISK.Pre-requisites:
- Samsung Galaxy Y Device (S5360).
- The Samsung Galaxy Y Rooting Package from HERE
If you have no idea on what rooting is, find here "What is Rooting"
Procedure to root Samsung Galaxy Y:
- Download the Update.zip file from the above provided link.
- Copy the zip file to the root of your SD card.
- Turn OFF your phone.
- Now boot the phone into recovery.
- To enter recovery mode Hold Volume Up + Home Key + Power Button together.
- Once you are in recovery mode navigate using the volume up and down keys.
- To select press the Home Key.
- Now,with the help of volume keys select ”Update From SD Card” option.
- Now select the Update.zip file present in your SD card.
- Wait for the Rooting Process to finish.
- Your phone is now rooted!