Facebook Chat on Mango OS – Newer Windows Phone 7 update codenamed as “Mango” has included native feature allows its users to have Facebook chat without having to install any third-party app. How could it be?
But unluckily this awesome features i not enabled by default, but if you have tried to enable Facebook Chat directly, you might have noticed a blank webpage that says “Page cannot be found”. So how to fix this Facebook chat issue on WP7 Mango?
Simply follow these steps:
How to Enable Facebook Chat on Mango?
- Login to http://profile.live.com/ via web browser on your PC/laptop
- In the connect option, simply click on “Connect | Manage” link
- Now in the next page, choose Facebook from the “Social networking” bar on the left.
- Then sign-in to your Facebook profile to connect your Live ID with Facebook
- Once you are done, you’ll see a green “check” arrow on the bottom right corner of Facebook’s logo
- Save these settings, and then head over to http://www.facebook.com/ and make sure Facebook Chat is enabled.
- If you see “Chat (Offline)“, then simply click on it and it will go online.
- On Windows Phone 7 device, setup your facebook account. But if you’ve found something wrong, don’t forget to setup everything from the beginning
- On your phone go to the [Messaging] tile >> tap on the three dots on the bottom of the screen >> select settings >> enable the “Facebook Chat” toggle if its off.
- Enjoy :)