Thanks to this site where you can short your G+ Profile's link, for those that doesn't have costumes URL yet.
You can go to http://gplus.to and insert the name you want to have on the URL and your Google's ID (The long number's chain on the URL in your profile)
So instead of having https://plus.google.com/118334989844236236853 or http://profiles.google.com/newtechie
I can have glplus.to/newtechie
Personally, I prefer the http://profiles.google.com/newtechie ... I created this long time a go in my buzz... but it seems that now you can't change it from numbers to name, yet.....
But indee, Google Plus Nick it's a nice tool. :)
You can also follow these steps to get your profiles.google.com/username URL
- Click your Google+ profile "About" tab.
- Click the blue "Edit Profile" button.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see the "Profile URL" section.
- Hover over the "Profile URL" section until it changes colour and then click it.
- A pop-up will appear giving you two options to set your URL.
The second option is based on your email address. Select the email address option.