DO IT ON OWN RISK
Before we proceed, please be advised that you follow these instructions at your own risk.New Techie will not take any responsibility for any damage to your device as a result of following these instructions.
Backup your data first using below mentioned instructions, so that if you lost any data you can recover it easily.
- SMS & Call Log – Use SMS, MMS & Call Log Entries Backup & Restore App
- Contacts & Settings – Use Android default backup options.
- Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to Internal/External SD card.
- APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- GT-I9500 Samsung Galaxy S4
- Cofface’s CWM Recovery & Root [download]
- Odin3 Flash Utility [download]
- At least 50% battery remaining on your device
- Samsung Android USB driver for your Galaxy S4
How to Root Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 On Android 4.2.2
- Download the necessary files from above, and unzip them to a convenient location.
- Put your Samsung Galaxy S4 in Download Mode using the button combination. Power off your device, plug USB cable to your computer, hold down the Volume Up + Down combinations, plug in the USB cable to your S4 while still holding down the volume buttons.
- Launch Odin3 on your computer, and connect your device in Download Mode to the PC using USB cable. Odin3 will detect the connection and indicate a COM port on top.
- Under PDA, select the cofface_samsungI9500_recovery_en_0503.tar file to flash the recovery, which will later be used to root the device. Make sure that Re-Partition is unchecked, and don’t touch any other setting. Hit the Start button to begin flashing the new PDA.
- Once the flash is complete, the phone will reboot. Wait for boot to complete, and then power it back off.
- Reboot the phone into CWM recovery that you just installed by pressing and holdingVolume Up + Home buttons whilst powering on the device.
- In Recovery, go to root your phone, followed by choosing any of the two methods. CWM Recovery will notify once the process is complete.
- Reboot your device once again, and you will have the Super User app installed on your Galaxy S4 GT-I9500. Please ensure to not update the su binaries after this.