We would like to proudly announce JELLY BEAN update for Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant (Samsung Vibrant T-959) through CM10 Stable version which will have almost everything working without any major bugs...
Things to Consider:
- the CM10 Stable Jelly Bean 4.1 ROM files listed in this post can be installed exclusively on the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Vibrant with the model number T959. Check the model version of your phone by opening the Settings menu and then checking the info listed under the ‘About phone’ section.
- Enable USB Debugging option from your phone’s Settings > Development menu.
- This update can be applied only with CWM Recovery or TWRP Recovery and on devices that are already rooted. If yours doesn’t meet these requirements, then you should first root and install a custom recovery image and after that you can return to this post.
- In the tutorial you will find a step that tells you to wipe all data and factory reset the device. This means that you will be forced to backup the entire existing ROM or you can choose to backup only the applications, SMS, Call Logs Info and the APN Internet Settings using the following tools for Android devices:AppBAK for Android apps backup | SMS backup & restore | Call Logs backup & restore | APN Settings Backup & Restore.
- Usually the wipe data and factory reset action will only delete apps and other files stored in the system partition, which means that if you move all important photos, videos and other files on the internal or external SD card. These parts will be left unchanged and no files will be deleted. After the new ROM is installed and in case something made those files to get lost, then you can use the same USB cable to restore the files back on your device’s internal sdcard.
- Also, if you wish to save the stored Phone Contacts then you should use the guide HERE to learn how to sync Contacts with your Gmail account.
- Make sure that your device’s battery is charged, so that it won’t power off while you’re installing this new ROM.
I think that these are all the pre-requisites you need before installing all the CM10 Stable ROM files. Make sure that in case you cannot complete this update, you will use the comments section to ask for our help.
Steps to Install:
- Download the custom ROM CM10 Stable zip file from HERE. Save the file on your PC desktop and do not extract its contents. Make sure that you download the latest CM10 Stable build file and not the CM9.
- Download the GApps zip for Jelly Bean from HERE.(Alternative Link)
- This is the file that you have to flash after the new ROM is installed, as it will add Gmail, Google Now, Gtalk, Calendar and all the other Google applications that your phone needs if you wish to experience the full Jelly Bean 4.1 firmware.
- Save the file on your PC desktop and do not extract the contents comprised withing the archive.
- After the downloads are completed you should connect the phone to your PC and transfer the above two files on its internal SD card. Just drag and drop the two zip files on the internal SD card root.
- After the transfer is complete you should unplug the phone from PC and power it OFF.
- Boot into CWM Recovery mode. Do it by holding simultaneously ‘volume up’ + ‘volume down’ + ‘power’ buttons. Release the buttons only when the display powers ON.
- Use the volume rocker buttons to highlight CWM recovery options and use ‘Power’ to apply the actions.
- When you’re in ClockworkMod Recovery menu you should first select ‘wipe data / factory reset’ and then confirm.
- Now, select ‘install zip from sdcard’ and from the next screen select ‘choose zip from internal sdcard’ or ‘choose zip from sdcard’; it depends on the location where you’ve placed the CM10 Nightly Jelly Bean ROM zip file. Select it and then confirm that you wish to install it.
- Your phone will restart again into CWM Recovery mode tight in the middle of the CM10 Nightly installation process and it will then continue to install the rest of the files.
- In case the install doesn’t continue after the reboot, then you will be forced to repeat the step 7 all over again.
- When the ROM is successfully installed, you should repeat step 7 and install the ‘Gapps’ zip file. Do not install the ROM again, just install the Google Apps zip.
- After the installation of all Google-based applications is complete you should return to the main CWM Recovery menu and select ‘reboot system now’. Confirm and then wait for the smartphone to perform its first boot process with the new CM10 Stable ROM.
- When the boot is complete you will have to enter your Google account details and you will be able to gain control over all Jelly Bean 4.1 and CyanogenMod 10 functions and features. That’s all you had to do in order to complete the update.
In case you cannot install the update, then you should tell us in comments and we will try to give you some extra instructions that will help you flash CM10 Stable ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Vibrant T-Mobile T959 variant.