Normal user who are unaware of programming techniques can easily be victim of orkut account hacks.
To avoid this follow the guidelines given below:
- Never try to login/access your Orkut account from sites other than Orkut.com
- Never click on any links from the sources you don’t trust while accessing your Orkut account. (or while accessing any other Google services like Gmail, Blogger etc.)
- Delete any links on your scrapbook, no matter if a known or unknown person have sent it.
- Never disclose your orkut login details with anyone.
- Never ever use Java scripts on Orkut, no matter whatever it claims to do. Get satisfied with the services provided by default! Avoid using third party Scripts which might be malicious.
- Never get excited to see a site claiming to have 1000 cool orkut tricks for which you have to just log in to your orkut account. Don’t trust that site. That’s a phishing site.
- Never tick the box “REMEMBER ME” on the orkut homepage if you are surfing from a cafe or a public area.
- Always remember to hit Sign Out button, when you are done.
Happy Orkutting !!!